Big Bayr's Cave

Find here the musings of a man finally settling comfortably into middle age. Topics of interest will include my work in theatre / visual arts, changing masculinities in society, education, civility, spirituality, and a return to playfulness. OH, yes, also my personal story of childhood abuse. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS WELCOMED.

Name:
Location: Batesville, Arkansas, United States

Trained as a painter and set designer, I've worked in liberal arts environments for all of my adult life. I'm content with my 27 year marriage to a sweet woman (who's a genius as a cook.) I am the proud father of a 21 year old son who's double majoring in Russian and English at the University of the South. My mother arrived in the US in 1948 to marry my father who'd been a GI in the occupation following World War II. I closely relate to issues concerning diversity, which I define more broadly than a matter of race; any definition of diversity must include the full spectrum of what makes each of us individuals.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Stage works: Lysistrata




Lysistrata is a comedy I loved directing and designing. It is like the proverbial old chestnut that people never tire of hearing, the off-color joke Uncle Joe tells after the Thanksgiving meal.
Aristophanes, father of the Old Comedy, gave us a comedy that is both farce and satire, still fresh after nearly 2,500 years: "something for everyone, a comedy tonight!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Free Counter