Big Bayr's Cave

Find here the musings of a man finally settling comfortably into middle age. Topics of interest will include my work in theatre / visual arts, changing masculinities in society, education, civility, spirituality, and a return to playfulness. OH, yes, also my personal story of childhood abuse. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS WELCOMED.

Name:
Location: Batesville, Arkansas, United States

Trained as a painter and set designer, I've worked in liberal arts environments for all of my adult life. I'm content with my 27 year marriage to a sweet woman (who's a genius as a cook.) I am the proud father of a 21 year old son who's double majoring in Russian and English at the University of the South. My mother arrived in the US in 1948 to marry my father who'd been a GI in the occupation following World War II. I closely relate to issues concerning diversity, which I define more broadly than a matter of race; any definition of diversity must include the full spectrum of what makes each of us individuals.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

"Like sands in the hour glass...

...these are the days of our lives." I'd really intended to stay on top of this blog-thing. I know I really need to journal. It's good for my psyche. I'd thought when I opened this site that the possibility of having others see "what's inside" might teach me something about moderation. SIGH But life and living gets in the way, doesn't it? Or, at the very least, I allow it to do so. Actually I doubt that I would have returned here had my son's godfather not commented in an e-mail that an old student of mine had visited the Big Bayr's Cave and left a comment. Good old Zippy stopped in! Some students still remember me...(hear those wee violins playing tremolo?)...but I'll not venture into a PITY PARTY, not tonight, not during the holidays...it's too cliche (You really can do purple prose!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Free Counter